SportsDevil Not Working on Kodi Krypton 17? Here’s your fix!
If Sports Devil is not working lately, it’s probably due to the recent lawsuits and the shutdown of major add-on repositories like tvaddons.ag and Fusion. SportsDevil has been bouncing around to different developers lately and has had various support teams throughout it’s legacy.
Chances are you’re getting the most common error, sportsdevil web request failed. Other known issues can result in blocked servers that return errors like sportsdevil no stream available or check error log. Luckily, a new updated SportsDevil was just released and this current version fixes most of the streaming and error issues that occur in the older, broken sports devil add-ons.
Follow the directions below to install the newest working version of SportsDevil
Step 1: Install a VPN from IPVanish
SportsDevil won’t work if your ISP is blocking access to the servers. ISP’s can also throttle your speeds, causing buffering issues and unavailable streams. Even with the new SportsDevil, your ISP may be the bigger issue. The way around this is to get a VPN. IPVanish is our preferred VPN provider and has the best rates. Do yourself a favor and spend the small amount of money for a VPN. It makes you anonymous online and your ISP won’t know anything about what you’re streaming. They can’t throttle your speeds and they can’t block your IP address from accessing the servers. It’s cheap and totally worth it. Why risk your privacy online?
Step 2: Install New Ares Wizard from Ares Project Repo
Uninstall all previous versions of SportsDevil before continuing installing the new version.
The newest working version of SportsDevil is available through Ares Wizard. It has been personally tested and is working as of September 12, 2017.
Once you’ve installed the Ares Wizard Kodi 17 build, return here to install SportsDevil from Ares Wizard and learn the secrets to finding the best live sports on sportsdevil.
Step 3: Download and Install the new SportsDevil
- Kodi Krypton 17: Select Add-ons > Program add-ons
- Kodi Jarvis 16, Helix & Isengard: Select Program > Add-Ons
Launch Ares Wizard and let it load and install all of the dependencies it will need to run the add-ons it provides. This can take a minute or two so be patient. When Ares Wizard is done loading you will see this screen:
- Select the second button from the left that says Browse Add-Ons.
- On the next screen select Video Addons
- Scroll down and select SportsDevil (2017.09.09) and then click Install.
- SportsDevil will begin installation. This will also take a couple minutes while sports devil installs all of the decencies it will need to work correctly. Make sure to accept any dialogue boxes asking for additional add-ons to be installed. Plexus, F4M and AceStream are among them.
SportsDevil is now installed and you should be able to find some great streams for live sports events like UFC PPV, Boxing PPV, MLB, NFL, UEFA, FIFA, WWE and more!
To launch Sports Devil and find the best streams:
- Kodi Krypton 17: Select Add-ons > Video add-ons >Sportsdevil
- Kodi Jarvis 16, Helix & Isengard: Select Video > Add-Ons >Sportsdevil
- Select Live Sports to find streams to specific sporting events. This would include UFC PPV fights, MLB baseball games, NFL football games, boxing matches, college football and every other sport out there. For example, if I wanted to find a stream for the UFC Pay Per View card that starts in 10 minutes, these are the steps I would follow:
- Select Live Sports and you’ll see a row of servers with various names
- Select VipBox.tv > Boxing / WWE / UFC
- Find the event description and select it.
- From the list of streams that appear, test each one out until you get the best stream of the fight. It’s that simple.