2020 Ares Wizard Not Working – Get Newest Working Addons for Kodi Wizard
Ares Wizard is not working because it has been shut down. None of the add-ons from Ares Wizard are updated or working correctly. The newest way to download the best Kodi video add-ons is with GitHub Browser. Most developers are moving to this method to avoid being shut down, not to mention it works great.
However, if you’re not using a VPN, you’re going to have buffering issues and server errors regardless if Ares Wizard is working or not working. ISP’s block your ability to gain server access. That’s why it’s absolutely necessary to use a VPN for Kodi streaming.
February 2020 Update – Ares Wizard is Working Again on Kodi Leia and Krypton (No Video Add-Ons)
Ares Wizard is back, kind of. This time around Ares Wizard is going legit. So that mean no more video add-ons. Which, let’s face it, that was the only reason we used Ares Wizard to begin with. You could install the Ares Wizard Program add-on and with one click and you could have the 20 best video add-ons ready to stream TV shows, movies and live sports in minutes.
Nonetheless, Ares Wizard is back and you can use it for a number of system, cache and buffer settings.
- Buffering and Cache Optimizing
- Fix Kodi Buffering Issues
- Fix Cache Issues
- ISP Speed Testing
- Backup all of Your Kodi Data
- Optimize Your Kodi and System Performance
Follow these instructions for installing the new Ares Wizard on Kodi Leia and Krypton:
- Open Kodi on your device.
- Go to System Settings and enable Unknown Sources. Return to Kodi Home.
- Open File Manager and then select Add Source
- Select <None> and then enter either http://ares-repo.eu/ or an alternative is http://areswizard.co.uk/
- Name it New Ares Wizard 2019 then select OK
- Return to Kodi Home.
- Select Add-Ons
- Click on the Open Box icon at the top of the screen (package installer)
- Click Install From Zip and the select Ares Repo
- Click on script.areswizard-0.0.69.zip
- Let Ares Wizard install, you’ll see a notification appear when it’s completed.
- Return to Kodi Home then go to Program Add-Ons
- Clicking on Ares Project will launch the new Ares Wizard.
The following method for installing Ares Wizard no longer works because Ares Wizard has been shut down.
Open Kodi Krypton and select the System icon at the top
On the next screen select File Manager
Double click on Add Source to open up a new dialogue window
In the new dialogue window click on <None>
Type in the path to the Ares repo http://ares-repo.eu and click OK
Then type in the name you want to give this, we used Ares. Click OK when you’re done
Now go back to your home screen (you can do this by clicking in the top left corner of your Kodi window a few times)
Select Add-ons in the left menu
Select the blue open box icon at the top of Add-ons
Choose Install from Zip File
If you haven’t already done this, you will be told that installation of add-ons from unknown sources is disabled.
Click on the Settings button
Click on the toggle witch to turn on Unknown Sources
A warning message will appear, select Yes
Now go back to the previous step and select Install from Zip file again. Select the Ares link and click OK
Select repository.aresproject-0.0.8.zip and click ok
Let Ares Project install and wait for the confirmation message
Now click on Install from Repository
Select the Ares Project to open it up
Choose the folder marked Program add-ons
Select Ares Wizard
In the new window that appears, click on Install
Choose Version 0.0.65 Ares Project
Wait for that to install and then go back to your Kodi Krypton home screen and open Program add-ons. Click on Ares Wizard
Be patient, Ares Wizard takes 30 seconds or so to load
And there you have it. Ares Wizard is installed.